Who We Are
Des Moines Presbytery was organized on April 28, 1843 at Yellow Spring with 4 clergy and 3 elders present. Included in Des Moines Presbytery in 1843 were, Iowa City, Fort Madison, Bloomington, Toolesborough, Yellow Springs, Burlington, Fort Madison and Keosauqua. It was connected to the Synod of Illinois. They voted that a tax of 25 cents be assessed on each member to defray contingency expenses.