You are Invited to Host a “Friends with Good Taste” Fundraising Gathering for the AOC!
The Sudanese Support Team of the Presbytery of Des Moines is seeking hosts for in-home gatherings to benefit the Arabic Outreach Center. The need is great, and your help can make a difference!
While the AOC continues to help refugee/immigrant families by providing translation services, transportation, household items and referrals to social service agencies, a new and pressing need has arisen. The children of these families are at risk in the community due to gun violence, drug trafficking, school absenteeism, racial discrimination, and more. These are real threats to the safety of the children of Arabic-speaking families, and too many lives have already been lost.
The AOC is addressing these issues head-on, but we can’t do it alone. We need financial support to continue this vital, life-saving initiative. Please say “yes” to hosting a fundraising “Friends with Good Taste” event and help us reach our fundraising goal of $5,000.
Here’s how it works:
• You invite a group of your friends (as many or as few as you wish) to your home for an event: a brunch, lunch, tea, open house or dinner. Suggested dates are April 21-22, May 5-6, and June 2-3, but you may host anytime between now and mid-June, when we hope to conclude this fundraiser.
• You ask your friends to make a contribution to the Arabic Outreach Center in any amount they would like to give. We have set a goal to raise at least $250 at each party.
• We will provide you with invitations (printed or electronic) you can use for your gathering.
• You provide whatever food and beverages you wish to serve.
• If you choose to host your party on Saturday, April 22, May 6 or June 3, we can supplement your menu with a delicious, ethnic food item made by the women of First Arabic Presbyterian Church.
• We will also provide printed information you will share with your guests about the Arabic Outreach Center, its mission and current needs.
We hope you will say “yes” to this opportunity to make a difference in the lives of Arabic-speaking refugees and immigrants in our city! Please contact Ginny Hancock to accept this challenge, or to ask for further information.
If you are unable to host, we humbly ask that you please pray for the AOC and the families they serve, and consider making a direct donation to the Arabic Outreach Center, 1050 24th Street, Des Moines, IA 50311. The Arabic Outreach Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Contributions are deductible for federal and state income tax purposes.